The Social Media Manager’s job focuses on increasing brand awareness through the effective use of social media outlets. A Social Media Manager is tasked with several key duties, such as:
- Using social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s brand
- Working with marketing professionals to develop social media marketing campaigns
- Interacting with customers and other stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts
- Analyzing the company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy and identifying strategic weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements
- Researching social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
The ideal applicant for this position has suitable skills, including:
- Social media: The ability to use social media to maintain or build a brand is necessary to be a Social Media Manager. These professionals are expected to regularly post text, video, and images that engage the company’s target market, follow online conversations on a company’s social media accounts and solve customer concerns using social media platforms.
- Communication: Great verbal and written communication skills are essential for this occupation. A Social Media Manager must interact with writers, designers, developers, and customers and report to senior management personnel. As good communicators, these professionals must identify social media events such as an interesting hashtag or a sensitive topic and share appropriate content that aligns with the company’s social media strategy.
- Creativity: Crafting engaging content is an important skill for a Social Media Manager. These professionals must constantly align content with customer trends and market changes to interest and engage people.
- Technology: Computer skills, skills in using social media platforms, and skills in using tools that analyze social media platforms are requirements for this position. A Social Media Manager must use digital technologies to meet the goals of social media campaigns.
- Research: Skills in learning social media trends, identifying new social media tools, and finding real-time online conversations are necessary for this position. Social Media Managers must have an understanding of the trends and techniques of social media as well as the company’s online presence to effectively handle social media marketing.
- Time management: The skill of organizing tasks to meet deadlines is essential for this professional role. Social Media Managers work according to schedules and must meet marketing and business goals.
What are the daily duties of a Social Media Manager?
Social Media Managers spend most of their time online either making posts themselves or collaborating with Social Media Specialists and Interns to coordinate cross-platform campaigns. They schedule posts, respond to comments and browse reviews looking for content to address.
They look at other business and personal profiles to get ideas about referential content they could produce through images, videos, and text posts. They may host live stream events to actively engage their audience and provide highly interactive entertainment directly to their audience. They use social media metrics to determine the impact of their efforts and report back to company leadership.
Social Media Manager Salary Expectations
Salary may depend on the level of experience, education, and geographical location. Estimate of N150,000/Year
Social Media Manager experience requirements
A Social Media Manager is expected to be experienced in using social media for marketing purposes. Internship or volunteering activities in writing, social media marketing, and leadership can demonstrate that a candidate has gained the expertise needed for this position.